Tuesday 17 July 2012

Sew Vintage Silhouette

Welcome!

It's week 2 at The Cheerful Stamp Pad and the DT Team has come up with some more fabulous inspiration for this fun challenge.

My inspiration comes from my love of sewing. I've used images from The Graphics Fairy, a sentiment for Create with TLC and another one of the fabulous Silhouettes from Floppy Latte.  


The vintage feel is to celebrate all the seamstresses in my family. My late grandmother made clothes for a living. She could produce the most fabulous gowns, including wedding gowns. All her daughters (my mother and aunts) were excellent needlewomen, doing sewing, knitting, embroidery and more. My aunt aged 82 does lace making as a hobby working with ultrafine yarns, creating all kinds of pretty things. Her angels are popular. My mother made most of our clothes when we grew up and she also knitted quite a few items. My dad's sister also still sews & crochet.

Thanks for popping in! I hope you will come and join us!

2 comments:

  1. Rene I just love this - like you i love anything sewing themed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous silhouette piece. Thank you so much for dropping by at Words and Pictures, and your lovely comment - it made me realise I hadn't got round to visiting the Cheerful Stamp Pad DT properly, so I'm now thoroughly enjoying seeing a whole lot more lovely craft blogs. Lovely stuff on here, and congrats on the Jackson Digital DT gig!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Do visit again.
Hugs, Rene

PS If your name is Anonymous, so sorry, but you will have to sign in. I do not accept anonymous comments anymore.