Monday 27 May 2013

Women!

Welcome!

Another week, another new challenge at The Cheerful Stamp Pad!
Our theme: My Kind of Gal (Women)
Our sponsor: Gingerloft Digital Stamps

 
I've decided to colour the Geisha with girl in some different colours than expected. The green is a symbol of freshness & youthfulness as well as eternal life. Yellow is a sacred colour in the Far East. It also has the meaning of courage, beauty & refinement as well as aristocracy & cheerfulness. (Source Note - the meanings come from this source and may differ from other sources). I've used a stamp from Great Impressions for the sentiment on a yellow panel. A gold panel and bottle green card compliments the colours that I've used.
 
I find the meanings interesting and will definitely think twice before colouring images from other cultures.
 
I hope my card about a women from a different culture inspired you to make your own and enter our challenge!
 
Do visit again!
 
Rene
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Do visit again.
Hugs, Rene

PS If your name is Anonymous, so sorry, but you will have to sign in. I do not accept anonymous comments anymore.