Wednesday 3 July 2013

Proudly SA

Welcome!

It's Wednesday and time for a new challenge at Crafting By Designs!

We are showing our country's colours!

The inspiration for my card is our national flower, the King Protea, beautifully photographed on this postcard by Bateleur Publishing CC.


 
Here is my card:
 
 

I've used the cute Russia Honey by Sassy Studio Designs. Her fur hat reminded me of the fluffy inside of the protea. I coloured just the edge of her coat in pink to echo the pink of the flower. The distressed edges of the paper simulates the leaves of the plant. I've added some glitter and 3 rhinestones.

I hope that you will join the challenge!

Do visit again!

Hugs

Rene

3 comments:

  1. This is super, love what you've done with the paper.
    Have a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours abd I love the layers and distressed edges. From another proudly South African.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Rene ! I love the postcard with gorgeous flowers too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Do visit again.
Hugs, Rene

PS If your name is Anonymous, so sorry, but you will have to sign in. I do not accept anonymous comments anymore.