Monday 26 March 2012

Fashionista goes green some more!!

Welcome to another week of Fashionista Fabulousness!

Last week I showed you how nature inspires me, and this week I am showing you a bit more of the process.

It is the final Fashionista challenge at ArtwithNoBoundaries, so do join us and do not forget to add something from your sewing basket to your card.

This time I used some of my inked papers and ribbon for the background.



I cut out the Lace Dress Form and fixed it to the card. Then I stitched the shiny tulle to the card with some gold thread, forming a little pocket with an opening. 

I filled it with some beads and punched flowers and sequins. 



This was then sewn closed to form a shaker effect. Lastly I added some flowers and beads to the bottom corner. 




But wait, this is half the story. Using the tulle, I made a Barbie sized no-sew tutu.



I photographed it on the stand I have. I added some of the background ribbon. 


I added some matching green material, and voila, an outfit in the making for a Fashion Icon:


Go on Barbie, you can sparkle!






Now you know about my other passion, doll clothes! I like the dolls but LOVE their clothes!

Well, I hope I have inspired you to enter your own creation!

Do visit again!

3 comments:

  1. That's a great card Rene! =) Great green dress you made! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning creation Rene - I love all the elements of you "sewing/fashionista" card! Great little tutu you made as well! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful card! I do love the Barbie tutu!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Do visit again.
Hugs, Rene

PS If your name is Anonymous, so sorry, but you will have to sign in. I do not accept anonymous comments anymore.