Monday, 4 June 2012

Buttoned-up Metal

Welcome!

A new month means a new challenge on ArtWithNoBoundaries!

The theme for the first fortnight is : Anything Goes Heavy Metal.

Yes, it's a double challenge again! You can enter any of your fabulous new projects or take part in the Bonus Round and follow the theme. This put you in line for a unique sentiment from CSDesigns.

My creation evolved from the image I started with: Solitaire Heavy Metal. I foiled the screws on the images. That was how the faux metal idea started. I played around with some of the other images, but couldn't really decide what to use. Then I coloured Solitaire and 3D'd her. Things started to take form. I layered her on black and orange cardstock that I dabbed with some black. The kraft card I wanted to use looked, ummhh boring. Out comes my inks and paints and stamppads and some sponge.

10 minutes later and on the second card, and I think it looks rather metally, rusty yes, but like metal....

Solitaire is added to the card, together with a bronze metallic ribbon. But something is missing. I go through some stuff and find what my card need, 3 metal buttons with an interesting pattern. I think they are a perfect fit and finish.

Here is Solitaire with her faux and real metal:


From another angle:


A bit closer:


The buttons:



Well, I hope you liked my card as much as I enjoyed creating it.

If you did, go and find a bit of metal, in your man's toolbox, or as a last resort, your sewing box. Then join our challenge.

While you are there, have a look around and be sure to visit the blogs of the others on the Design Team. We have 3 new team members : Bonnie, Lori & Paula! You'll love their fabulous creations too, I'm sure!



9 comments:

Bonnie Irvine said...

Steampunk Solitaire turned out beautiful. I really like the foiled screws and that background is so rich and definitely metallic-looking. The buttons and bronze ribbon are wonderful embellishments for this card. Very creative.

Lori said...

The three buttons are a perfect fit and finish! Your image is wonderful with the popped up portion and the background is really cool!

Beverly G said...

Wow, great job with all those inks that card really looks like an old piece of metal. Your coloring of the digi goes perfect.

Paula said...

I love the effect on the background, it looks just like metal. Solitaire's colours compliment it perfectly. The three buttons as you said just finish it. Lovely

~Lady B~ said...

Awesome card! You faux metal is fabulous and I love your card desgin!

Becky said...

Wow! I love all the detail you put into your pieces, really beautiful. I also wanted to thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, I really appreciate you taking the time to do so. Bx

Sharon said...

Stunning Rene!!

Ellis said...

Wonderful card you've made and great idea to raise up a part of the image! The buttons look great, I think I have some buttonbrads that I can use in afuture project, thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs, Elenor

Yvonne said...

Fantastic card, Rene!