Monday 29 April 2013

Flower, art & showers...

Welcome!

2 weeks have passed and it is time for a new challenge at The Cheerful Stamp Pad!
The theme is : April Showers bring May Flowers!
Our generous sponsor for the fortnight is: Floppy Latte

April is my favourite month, since it is also my birthday month. Here in Cape Town, we also need the showers for the winter crops. It is the time to sow sweet peas, petunias and pansies for a happy & bright winter garden.

I am using the Artsy Flower. I coloured it in oranges & yellows, green for the leaves, the new bright colours for the Northern spring. The flower was 3-D for extra dimension & I sponged the edges. The red of the card is the promise of all the bright colours that will pop up in your garden, and of course at the challenge!


 
And a bit closer:
 
 
Do join us with your flowers and/or showers card!
 
 
Rene

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card , love the 3 d effect and the bold red background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that design - great card Rene!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Do visit again.
Hugs, Rene

PS If your name is Anonymous, so sorry, but you will have to sign in. I do not accept anonymous comments anymore.