Wednesday 19 June 2013

Memories

Welcome!

The theme at Crafting by Designs is Show your Season.

Delicious Doodles is the sponsor and I used Harbour Scene to create my card.

 
I overlaid the image with printed vellum. The vellum has writing on postcards as design. I added some stamping : a steampunk watch and keys. Mother of pearl buttons echo the seaside, holds it all together on a kraft card.
 
I fell in love with this image the moment I saw it! There is something nostalgic about it, something quaint. In a way it reminded me of places I visited, especially as a child.
 
The watch is a symbol of the times gone by, the keys of doors that were opened and new possibilities.
 
As a teen and young adult, I was an avid letter writer and I had many pen pals and always kept contact with my friends. That was before emails (LOL) and even after. Email has taken over here and I'm trying to keep up. Through the years, I've lost contact with my pen pals and friends, but the past few years, and especially this last year, I made contact with old friends again! It is almost as if the seasons have made a full circle and I'm so grateful to have a chance to build on those friendships again!
 
Do visit again!
 
Hugs
 
Rene
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Do visit again.
Hugs, Rene

PS If your name is Anonymous, so sorry, but you will have to sign in. I do not accept anonymous comments anymore.