Friday 27 May 2022

Beccy's Place Challenge - Beautiful

Welcome to my blog!

Today I'm posting the first card I made for the May 2022 Challenge at Beccy's Place.

She posted a lovely freebie in coloured and b/w options, as well as an optional twist in the form of a sketch: 



I decided to let the sketch inspire me. I printed the b&w image out a few times in 2 sizes, then watercoloured it with Distress Ink in Saltwater Taffy & Abandoned Coral. I used the inks to create a background on my folded card. This I overstamped with Victorian Velvet and Vintage Photo. I used Victroian Velvet for my tag too. The large panel is a textured card and the buff card I edged with gold acrylic paint.

The flowers were fussy cut and layered in the corner to mirror the sketch. A dash of pearlescent gold powder gives a final shimmer.




Items and stamps used:
Beccy's Place May 2022 Freebie
Stamperia WTKCC208
Stamperia WTKAT18
Ranger Distress Inks - pads & re-inkers
Cardstock from stash

There is still time to join the challenge.

Do visit again!

Ren


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your interpretation of the sketch Rene, it's so beautiful! You've done an awesome job colouring the image, I love the variation you've achieved throughout the flowers. The "Make It Beautiful" tag gives a vintage feel to the design as does the piece of buff card edged with gold. Fabulous!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beccy! Colouring flowers with ink or watercolour paint is so much fun and it looks more realistic.
      I really enjoyed your challenge!
      Hugs
      Rene

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Do visit again.
Hugs, Rene

PS If your name is Anonymous, so sorry, but you will have to sign in. I do not accept anonymous comments anymore.