Tuesday 31 July 2012

Well Done, Banyana Banyana!

Welcome!

It is Tuesday and time for a new challenge at Jackson's Digital Expressions!

It is also the last week of the Month Long Party!

The theme for this week is "Anything Goes" with an optional sketch. I must confess, I got a bit carried away with the sketch and made 3 cards, with another still in the making. I just loved the sketch!

My first card is in honour of the South African Ladies Soccer Team that competed at the Olympic Games. We call them "Banyana Banyana". When I started colouring the cute Lil Street Baller II, our team was playing against Sweden. I copied the clothes they were wearing. They lost 4-1 unfortunately. Today, they played against Japan and drew 0-0, an excellent performance, since Japan is the World Champions. It was their first time at the Olympic Games and even though they finished last in their group, the attitude of the image says it all: "Watch us next time". You go girls! 

Well, here is my card in the Green and Gold of South Africa:


Hope you like it and will join us in the challenge!

PS. Do pop over to have a look at all the wonderful creations of the Design Team.

1 comment:

  1. A great card Rene and well done for supporting "your team" at the Olympics!!! I bet they were thrilled to be competing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it. Do visit again.
Hugs, Rene

PS If your name is Anonymous, so sorry, but you will have to sign in. I do not accept anonymous comments anymore.